- Artificial chemical fertilisers are prohibited – instead organic farmers develop a healthy, fertile soil by growing and rotating a mixture of crops, adding organic matter such as compost or manure
- Pesticides are severely restricted – instead organic farmers develop nutrient-rich soil to grow strong, healthy crops and encourage wildlife to help control pests and disease
- Animal welfare is at the heart of the system and free-range is guaranteed.
- The routine use of drugs, antibiotics, and wormers are banned. Instead, the farmer will use preventative methods, like moving animals to fresh pasture and keeping smaller herd and flock sizes
- Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are banned.
To Read last weeks blog on what is organic Farming click here!
Here at Buildings uk, we provide the very highest standard of Steel-Framed Buildings perfect for Organic farmers. for further information on our Steel Framed Buildings and what we could offer you contact us on the following: